pxview is a program to read Paradox database files. It is based on the pxlib library. pxview allows to output csv for reading with spread sheets, sql to import into a relational database, html and sqlite. You can also just show some information and the table structure of the database.
- Reading Paradox database files and output them as csv, sql, sqlite or html
- Output many information about a paradox file
- Reading encrypted files without knowing the password
- Limit output to certain columns
Latest NewsReleased version 0.2.5
August 9, 2005
- output some more information about blobs in debug mode
- Output password checksum if file is encrypted
- output format of timestamp, date, time can be set with program option. The default has been changed to the sql format.
02 Feb 05
After a long time the web site has been overhauled with much more information about pxview.Released version 0.2.4
January 24, 2005
- check return value of PX_get_data_alpha() and output an error message if needed
- mask special chars in memoblobs (sql output)
- use delimeter char for fields if they contain a line break (csv output)
- surrounds field data of memoblobs by enclosure char (csv output)
- primary key fields are treated as unique(field1, field2, field3, ...) and not unique(field1), unique(field2), ...
- fixed various memory leaks
- fixed many compiler warnings
- configure checks for PX_timestamp2string() to ensure pxlib >= 0.4.3 is present
- use functions like PX_get_num_fields() and PX_get_value() instead of directly accessing the file header structure
- create html version of manual pages on request